Analytics has become most misunderstood term these days. It has become fashion to mention analytics as feature of any solution. I would like to clarify what is not analytics?
1. Analytics is not the traditional rules based system.
2. Analytics is not the traditional BI reporting.
3. Analytics is not the traditional formulae based templates.
Then what is analytics?
1. Analytics is to find hidden patterns.
2. Analytics is to predict events.
3. Analytics is to apply statistical techniques.
Input data to any analytics solution is mostly unstructured. The data is huge. The data arrives at comparatively high speed.
Hope you agree with me.